SWEET FEET !! :P



    I'm not sure how the fashion industry feels about food on a whole but one thing's for sure, they do have an ongoing love affair with macaroons.  The head honchos at Laduree must be rubbing their hands together with glee and ho ho ho-ing at the fashion industry's cooing love of these pastel baked delights, all the way to the bank.  I've lost count of how many parties, events and shows where macaroons have been served and we then all simultaneously let out a little squeal of delight.
    Not surprising really given the variety of colours (flavours) in these tasty morsels and their uniform roundness and shininess.  And so suddenly we get apparel being inspired by these tasty things.  We've already had various forms of macaroon jewellery (both real and stimulated).  Now we have the Nike Air Royalty Macaroon line.  When Nike contacted me about the shoe (FYI, this isn't an advertorial though I did get the shoes for free...blogethics et all...), I had to at least be semi-intrigued because a) well, it's a trainer inspired by a pastry and b) Nike have had previous success in tapping into my unbashed cutie/girly loving ways with their Liberty Print Dunks

    So a pair of very berry trainers arrived along with... yes, those almond-based fancies...
    No sticky filling oozing out from the tongue of the trainer but it is a purposely leather thermo-moulded shoe that matches the colour of a forest fruit macaroon perfectly with some shiny 'sequin' flecks all over to emulate the egg white cracked shine on the macaroon.  Sweeeeeeet....
    So I'd thought I'd dunk myself in the only bits of raspberry I do have, namely a Miu Miu cape I bought from Tokio 7 in New York that also does its best in making me look like a macaroon...
    These berry ones are coming out along with a pistachio pair on March 21st in the Nike Sportswear 1948 store and Offspring in a run of 22 pairs each and I believe more shades matching these macaroons are dropping on April 1st.  I'll give you a virtual high five if you wear these WHILST shopping for macaroons and chomping on them too... 


    MoniCa singh
    XOXO
    Source URL: http://bloomfineart.blogspot.com/2010/03/sweet-feet-p.html
    Visit Everything in one place for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive