ASOS upcoming Africa Project


    >> I still have a TON of things to plough through and just to clarify, I'm not at New York Fashion Week for my blog so unfortunately, my no. 1 priority is here, not the blog.  I will be squeezing in as muchie as possible though.  First up, am I predictable or what?  I very nearly didn't walk into Suno's presentation at Mac x Milk studios on Saturday because I was rather pre-occupied with err...fish tacos and getting hold of Gary Graham who was presenting next door.  That said when no less than three people said to me "Suno is So You", and given my track record of being highly predictable with my taste factor, I took a gander...
    And... what do you know...
    ...Suno-Tastic.  Suno-Sunny-Delight.  Sassy-Suno... let's suggest some more shall we? 
    For some reason, their website does funny things to my ickle PC but I gather that Suno takes fabrics from Kenya artisans and imports them here to do all the design/development work.  I'm reminded of ASOS' upcoming Africa project which uses a small production unit in Kenya called Soko.  Except with Suno's pieces, plenty of effort has been put into the shapes and print mixing so that ethnic origins aren't the primary eye-catching point.  It's pretty much a smorgasbord of prints here that are ripe for intermixing.  I've learnt my lesson well and truly now.  No more fish tacos and yes, siree, you can read me like a blank sheet of paper.   



    MoniCa singhSource URL: http://bloomfineart.blogspot.com/2010/02/asos-upcoming-africa-project.html
    Visit Everything in one place for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive