I'M CRAZY About Shoes But this !!!


    With my weakness for shoes, I couldn’t wait to check out the newly opened Shoe Gallery in Selfridges. For some reason the side entrances were closed - so everyone pushed their way through the revolving doors. Once in, the noise was as deafening as the Carnival and I got swept along the ground floor by hundreds of screaming children. Boy band JLS were doing Selfridges and somehow I managed to get trapped in the middle of a crowd of fans. Some kid’s belt got hooked into my lace sleeve and was dragged off me. In the end I succumbed and went with the flow until they left through a side door.
    Deafened and very bedraggled, I found the Shoe Gallery and happily collapsed onto a gorgeous velvet banquet. Beautifully designed by Canadian architect Jamie Fobert, the department is a shoe haven with all the usual posh designers - each in their own room. I find the assistants a bit pushy - one tried to sell me a pair of Ferragammo’s with the highest and most lethal looking heels and tulle nude ties on a Perspex sole. The shoes would literally be a killer on me.
    Marginally cheaper shoes are displayed on genius pewter tabletops and original wooden lasts. Christian Louboutin is opened his room on 2nd sept  Fashionistas, lets give him the JLS treatment and get down there!

    Courtesy : Vogue/ Virginia Bates

    MoniCa singhSource URL: http://bloomfineart.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-crazy-about-shoes-but-this.html
    Visit Everything in one place for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection